These are the perfect ‘I didn’t realise I needed this’ presents… Upgrade someone’s earbuds this Christmas with slick Beats by Dr. Dre earphones.
For the guys, the iconic chunky over-ear headphones and for the ladies, check out Lady Gaga’s ‘Heartbeat’ designs for the brand.
Browse and buy here.
Sorry, the joke was too easy not to make..!
Bad jokes aside, this mini fragrance set from Miller Harris is perfect for anybody who’s a fan of woody/earthy fragrances. In addition to that, the selection of 3 means they’re bound to love at least one.
Here’s what you get:
- La Fumée invokes a swirl of incense encircled by dry and sensual woods in this dramatic arrangement of citrus, spice, smoke and wood.
- Fleurs de Sel; the source of inspiration behind this masterpiece is the herbs and flowers that surround the famous salt fields of the Côte Sauvage.
- Feuilles de Tabac; Rich woods, tobacco leaves and spices gives an addictive quality making it a sensuous choice for men. This is the perfect gift for lovers of deep, strong and woody fragrance.
I’ve had a sniff of these and I’m a fan of them all; complex, spicy and warm. Perfect for guys but also for women who like masculine fragrances. I’ve already lost Feuilles de Tabac to a girl in my office.
Buy the set here.
Pro Tip: You’ll need to have a very good relationship with whomever you buy these presents for. I’d keep it to close family. Don’t buy anything anti-ageing for your girlfriend’s parents.
Saying that, here are two excellent (and Skin Care for Men approved!) giftsets from Clarins for people who want to cheat Father Time this Christmas…
This giftset from Clarins includes their award-winning Double Serum for high-tech anti-ageing, an exfoliating cream to smooth out skin texture and Beauty Flash Balm that instantly lifts skin for special occasions (perfect for Christmas Day and New Years Eve). This set’s a winner and at £55, way cheaper than buying the products individually.
For the guys, their Grooming Essentials kit includes a creamy shaving foam, exfoliator, moisturiser and eye gel. The combination of products will keep skin smooth, bright and young-looking. Also, this could be the clincher, they’re not labelled as ‘anti-ageing’ so your recipient won’t feel like they’re losing any lad points when they use the set
You can find Clarins at most department stores, Boots and online here.
Want. Want want want.
Know somebody that’s surgically attached to their Starbucks cup? I have an idea…
Priced at a perfectly reasonable £149, the Starbucks V-600 Verismo System allows you to brew their signature coffees from the comfort of your own home. For weekends when you can’t be bothered to leave the house or mornings to chuck into a thermos. This one in particular comes in silver and ‘piano black’ (black) and features all the beautiful tech that makes this range so popular (including speedy heat up times, a rinse button and hot water for Americanos).
Here’s just a few of the pods you can buy for this system…
- Caffè Latte – This is the original coffeehouse classic. And like most classics, part of its appeal comes from its simplicity. A Caffè Latte is simply a shot or two of bold, tasty espresso with real, sweet steamed milk.
- Espresso Guatemala – This medium roast coffee offers a balance of body and acidity with hints of cocoa and soft spice, making for a smoother, more complex espresso shot.
- Espresso Roast and Decaf Espresso Roast – The heart of our espresso beverages. A full-bodied 100% Fairtrade blend with a rich aroma and a hint of caramel. Also enjoy as a decaffeinated full-bodied, dark roasted blend.
- Milk Pod – Made from 100% real milk and creates a semi-skimmed milk latte.
The Verismo System is available in Starbucks stores nationwide and popular department stores including Selfridges, Debenhams, select Fenwick stores, select BHS Home stores and Next online.
Or, buy here.
Okay, so technically this doesn’t exist yet but it’ll be here soon enough.
Very simply, the Slate Mobile AirDesk is a lightweight, portable bamboo work desk to keep you organised and – most importantly – prevents your both your lap (/anything in that general area) and laptop from overheating..!
Simple but I can’t think of another product like it.
You can view the Kickstarter and more info here, they’ve made enough money to ship for Christmas!
Fancy winning some brownie points this Christmas?
Diptyque candles make for brilliant gifts for the women in your life, an extra something to stow under the tree. The scents are complex and beautiful, presented in stunning glassware.
They’re a bit of a collectors item, with the empty jars often used to store brushes, cosmetics etc.
Check out the new limited edition Holiday collection (pictured above) here.
I was going to suggest this as a gift but, to be honest, you might want to hold on to this one for yourself!
The Crème de la Mer Collection for Men features all of the iconic brand’s most-loved products in one handy set, presented in a wash bag for guys who travel.
As someone who travels fairly often, I can tell you first-hand that the combination of products they’ve put together are your best shot against emerging from an airport looking like a zombie. The lotion is particularly brilliant – light, matte but incredibly nourishing for the winter months.
Available at Harrods.